The update wizard will allow you to update your Mercator configuration very easily and very quickly. To make this program work, you must have a runtime of 9.0 or 9.0 sp2. This is the case if your current Mercator is version 6.0 or later. The assistant will inspect your Mercator configuration and download the modules that form part of its updates.
1. The 9.0 sp2 runtime has to be installed in advance.
It may be downloaded from environnement-de-mercator-legacy-et-aruba.html
2. MercatorShield must be installed once on the SQL Server: how to install MercatorShield?
Making an update with the Mercator update wizard:
- Click START before starting the wizard.
- Choose 'Execute the program from its current position'. (Do not save this program on your hard disk)
- Reply "YES" to the question "Do you want to execute instwiz.exe?"
- Then complete the various parameters the wizard gives you and click "Next" every time.
It is essential to execute this program from this web page, and not from a saved version on your hard disk.
If this wizard does not work (because of a blocking proxy, a firewall, ...), it is very easy to perform the update manually